The Humane Society for Boone County is an all volunteer, not-for-profit,
501(c)(3)organization that receives no tax dollars.
We operate through a network of generous volunteers and foster families.
The Humane Society for Boone County is not associated with, nor receives any support from,
the Humane Society of the United States
Mailing address for donations:
PO Box 708 Lebanon, IN 46052
• The Humane Society for Boone County (HSforBC) is a private, not for
profit 501(c)(3), all volunteer, organization operating within Boone County
Indiana to provide animal rescue, welfare, and education.
• HSforBC has no legal authority in Boone County Indiana.
• HSforBC has no powers to act as animal control.
• HSforBC will always operate within the confines of the law.
• Boone County does not own or operate a taxpayer funded animal shelter.
• Boone County does not have an animal control officer.
• Reports of alleged animal abuse/neglect must be made to, and handled
by, a law enforcement officer.
• Calls to law enforcement are handled on a case by case basis.
• HSforBC may work in conjunction with law enforcement when requested.
• Indiana views pets as personal property, and no different than any other
belonging that someone may own.
• All requests for assistance from HSforBC must come through 765-485-8888
or firstname.lastname@example.org and messages are responded to in 24-48 hours.
• Found/stray animals are advertised for a minimum 7 days.
Animals that are not claimed will be vetted and made available
• Here is a link to Boone County Ordinances
• Here is a link to Indiana State animal laws